This year Latvian Bank intends to issue five collector coins as well as two 2 euro commemorative coins and a circulation coin set.
The collector coins will be dedicated to various topics relevant to Latvia:
- Centenary of the Constitution of the Republic of Latvia;
- 150th birthday of Vilhelms Purvītis and his creative work;
- Natural meadows of Latvia;
- Centenary of Latvijas Banka;
- Art and music (an innovative coin).
In 2022, Latvijas Banka will issue two 2 euro commemorative coins:
- 2 euro commemorative coin “Financial Literacy” in circulation quality and in gift packaging as well as a circulation coin set bearing the same name;
- 2 euro commemorative coin dedicated to the 35th anniversary of the Erasmus programme in circulation quality and in gift packaging. This will be a 2 euro commemorative coin with a common design across the euro area.
The issue dates will be announced shortly before the coins are available for purchase.
Disclaimer: This report is prepared as a marketing statement by SIA Tavex marketing department for informational purposes only. The information or opinions expressed in this report (regardless of the source of the information) should not be construed as suggesting, advising or soliciting an offer to buy or sell any financial instrument. The information in this report does not constitute investment or tax advice and does not consider specific investment objectives, risk appetite and the financial position of the message recipient. This article may not be distributed, copied, reproduced or altered without a prior written consent of the Company. To avoid any misunderstanding, any additional information, which should not be considered a recommendation and / or advice, can be obtained from the company upon request.